Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom

+2
ekudob
DeadGirl
6 posters

:: MMFE Zone :: Reviews

Go down

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom Empty Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom

Post by DeadGirl Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:00 am

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom 123593eh1.th
release date: 2006
country of origin: Sweden
genre: avant-garde metal
tracklist:
1. Balrog Boogie 03:53
2. Heroines 05:23
3. Poetic Pitbull Revolutions 04:52
4. Rag Doll Physics 03:53
5. D'Angelo 01:54
6. Velvet Embracer 04:05
7. Gunpowder Chant 01:51
8. Infralove 04:54
9. Wedding March For A Bullet 03:14
10. Qualms Of Conscience 01:16
11. Zodiac Virtues 04:48
12. Porcelain Judas 04:09
13. Pink Noise Waltz 06:07
total playing time: 50:19

Their official myspace site claims that Diablo Swing Orchestra "dates back 1501 in Sweden, where history tells the tale of an orchestra that played like no other". This orchestra wascriticized, they "were forced to perform in barns and outhouses" and eventually they have been disbanded. That's the story.

Actually, this band was formed quite recently, in 2003. Plays interesting genre named "avant-garde", and have released one EP album "Borderline Hymns" in 2003 (received 'The Biggest Surprise' award in 2006 Metal Storm awards) and one full-length "The Butcher's Ballroom" in 2006. This album is what i am reviewing today.

Last two days i've been listening to it endlessly and i have to admit, being very critical of music i listen to, i wasnt bored (which doesnt happen often). This album has many influences, like jazz, metal and electronic music. In "Poetic Pitbull Revolutions", third song on the CD I heard some Spanish music, and imagined corrida. Probably, that was my own association, and you'll have your own, but that's what fills this album, makes it special. A strong operatic voice, combination of guitar and cello and overall creativeness really makes this album stand out.

NOTE: this album is really worth listening. even if you're not a fan of such music, give them a try. hope you will like it. Smile

my rate - 100%. indeed amazing

p.s. yay! my first ever review/article in English! Embarassed
DeadGirl
DeadGirl

Female Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom Empty Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom

Post by ekudob Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Very good job DG, better use of words than many "English" people Wink .

I must agree, this album is a very good listen, and not boring.

bd
ekudob
ekudob

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom Empty Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom

Post by DeadGirl Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:34 pm

thanks bd =)

(i was wondering who is ekudob, who wouldve thought that it is you Very Happy)
DeadGirl
DeadGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharmetal Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:42 pm

This album is freaking awesome, melodic and powerful, voices are great.

Yes Poetic pitbull Revolution sounds metal with flamenco guitars, very cool.

Thanks DG
Tharmetal
Tharmetal

Male Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadGirl Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:46 pm

i'm glad you people are liking it, cuz i was very nervous about my writing in English =)

p.s. welcome Tharmetal Smile
DeadGirl
DeadGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Awesome review. =]

I'll have to look into this.
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick-Mechanic Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:26 pm

Jester wrote:Awesome review. =]

I'll have to look into this.

agreed. i have some searching to do.
Maverick-Mechanic
Maverick-Mechanic

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ekudob Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm

DeadGirl wrote:thanks bd =)

(i was wondering who is ekudob, who wouldve thought that it is you Very Happy)

Ha, I spelled it backwards for a change of pace.

Cheers,bd.
ekudob
ekudob

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:46 am

Oh wow...I really am a dumb asshole. I didn't even figure out that it was spelled backwards.

I just thought it was a different name.

HAHAHAHAHA
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadGirl Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:14 am

Jester wrote:Oh wow...I really am a dumb asshole. I didn't even figure out that it was spelled backwards.

I just thought it was a different name.

HAHAHAHAHA
same here
lol!
DeadGirl
DeadGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Loke Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:06 am

Their official myspace site claims that Diablo Swing Orchestra "dates back to 1501 in Sweden, where history tells the tale of an orchestra that played like no other". This orchestra was criticized, and "were forced to perform in barns and outhouses," and eventually they were disbanded (After being chased down by the christians Ed.). That's the story.

In fact, this band was formed quite recently, in 2003. They Play an interesting genre named "avant-garde," and have released one EP album "Borderline Hymns" in 2003 which received 'The Biggest Surprise' award in 2006 Metal Storm awards, and one full-length "The Butcher's Ballroom" in 2006. This album is the one I am reviewing today.

Last two days I've been listening to it endlessly and I have to admit, being very critical of the music i listen to, was never bored (which doesnt happen often). This album has many influences; jazz, metal and electronic music to name a few. In "Poetic Pitbull Revolutions" (third song on the CD), I heard some Spanish music and imagined corrida. Probably, that was just my association, and you'll have your own, but that's what fills this album and makes it special. A strong operatic voice, a combination of guitar and cello and overall creativeness really makes this album stand out.

NOTE: this album is really worth listening to. Even if you're not a fan of such music, give them a try. Hope you will like it. Smile

my rate - 100%. indeed amazing

I fucking love this cd. Maybe i'm the only one who likes detail in reviews?

Loke

Male Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: MMFE Zone :: Reviews

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum