Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Americans gonna vote this year?

+14
davedeath
Maverick-Mechanic
Headbanger
Tallant
Scourge441
GameFreac1
vanguardjazz
Loke
metalmaniac37
Furlie
Nocturna
Pedro
Everlost
CradleOfFish
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Any Americans gonna vote this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Americans gonna vote this year?

Post by CradleOfFish Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Loke wrote:An eye for an eye makes us both blind.

Some people believe that and that is fine, others don't. I think revenge is necessary especially when something as horrible as the 911 tragedy takes place. If I was able to I would have gladly joined the armed forces to take revenge on those terrorists asses. I would give my life to save our freedoms as a proud American. If your mother was killed and you knew who it was and the police aint doing shit about it, I am sure you'd want revenge (blood!) too. It is kinda like that except you are actually getting permission to take revenge (if you are an army guy). Me I could care less if I killed (or our army guys killed) an innocent woman or child, those terrorists killed our innocents so lets take some of theirs! I would be proud to blow away some terrorists kids ass off the face of the earth even though they had nothing to do with it. Just like the folks in the Twin Towers had nothing to do with the terrorists, they were innocent too.

This may seem like a horrible stance to take but it is necessary. Besides I never felt for any human life like others do. If I was able to get away with it, I'd gladly kill folks for no reason at all. Just walk down the road killing random folk. Hell you won't beleive some of the dreams I have had. I even killed my own family (in my dreams not in real life, don't think I can do that in real life, strangers yes family no) with no remorse. But that is another subject. And you don't have to be psycho like me to feel and eye for an eye is sometimes a good thing, nor do you have to be incorrect to think an eye for an eye is wrong, it all comes down to your own personal feelings. No one is really wrong or right on this, if you get what I am saying.
CradleOfFish
CradleOfFish

Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Any Americans gonna vote this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Americans gonna vote this year?

Post by vanguardjazz Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Loke your just a nature boi, animal loving bungaloo roo Razz

I like the "No one is really wrong or right on this, if you get what I am saying." bit

I dont have an opinion on this personally, so I won't actually go into it besides that possibly a fuckload of art was created on 9/11, depending on what one considers art, etc. (I personally think that billions of art was made that day) Oh Lawd, I took sides. CONTRADICTION! HE STATED HE DIDN'T WANNA TAKE SIDES!

Shun this lot! Shun his presence, dont give him any valentines presents, boot to tha cocks is all he's askin for.
vanguardjazz
vanguardjazz

Male Number of posts : 111
Location : renovating households since the 1930's, you can count on us
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallant Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:00 pm

CradleOfFish wrote:I'm telling you, Barack Obama is a terrorist in disguise. His dumbass name is a dead give away!! We don't want another 911 do we? Don't vote for him! He isn't even really American, can't be with that name. He seems to be black but is well educated so that should prove he's not black!! Get a rope anyway!! Yeehaw!!

Hehe, you have no idea how many people really think that way. There's almost nothing in the world that annoys me more than misconceptions being spread by people who don't now better. Does't matter what the subject is, just that they don't know what they're talking about.

One of my old childhood "friends" (played baseball and soccer with him a lot, not really good friends) started a facebook group called "Vote Against Obama" and invited me to it. The description of the group he gives is pure propaganda: "doesnt pledge..atheist..middle name is "hussein"..enough said." He keeps saying he's a Muslim, but says he's an atheist here, which also bothered me. Pick one or the other.

Here's the comments left on the wall, in chronological order:

My "friend":
this guys gona bomb the US for sure

Some random person he knows:
nice, get hilary the hell out of there too

Another random guy he knows:
fuck him hes tar

Me:
This group better be a joke.

He's a Christian, first of all. Secondly, what would it matter if he were an atheist and didn't pledge? I am one, and I don't say the pledge, am I a threat to the country? Blech

My "friend":
dude tallant this guy is a muslim... wer kind of goin to war with them rite now..so not a good idea.

Me:
He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian.

Read: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Even if he were a Muslim, it shouldn't matter. We aren't at war with Islam or Muslims, we're supposedly at war with Terrorism, terrorism that is generally practiced by Islamic Radicals, keyword being Radicals. There are Radicals of all religious persuasions, it's not fair to take their actions as the actions of the group as a whole. It shouldn't matter what religious persuasion a person is, just as long as they are capable to serve the country well. I would say he is capable.

My "friend":
fuck muslim terrorists

So clearly I did not get through to him.
Tallant
Tallant

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-12-12

http://www.myspace.com/tallant

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick-Mechanic Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 pm

I don't want Hilary to win. It's not that I don;t think a woman can be president, just not her. Either way, I'll be in Ohio and I don't think it's worth the trouble to try and get an absentee ballot.
Maverick-Mechanic
Maverick-Mechanic

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by davedeath Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Obama or going third party again
davedeath
davedeath

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-06

http://deathbedphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vanguardjazz Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:19 pm

"My "friend":
dude tallant this guy is a muslim... wer kind of goin to war with them rite now..so not a good idea.

Me:
He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian.

Read: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Even if he were a Muslim, it shouldn't matter. We aren't at war with Islam or Muslims, we're supposedly at war with Terrorism, terrorism that is generally practiced by Islamic Radicals, keyword being Radicals. There are Radicals of all religious persuasions, it's not fair to take their actions as the actions of the group as a whole. It shouldn't matter what religious persuasion a person is, just as long as they are capable to serve the country well. I would say he is capable.

My "friend":
fuck muslim terrorists"

lulz, i say fuck capitalist american buttsex organizations like the RIAA who make billions selling records but bitch if they lose out on like 2-3 billion a year because of downloading, then charge 750$ per song when they prosecute...when they are only losing like 70 cents per song only....thats one thing i can comfortably take a stance against...but then again what makes them "bad", etc. etc. could go on for awhile, paradox, contradictions, etc...

is music not looked upon as expression anymore?! and instead something in which to chat about and be obsessed over for a week and then forget about it for the next "soulja boy" or rok band that sounds exactly like nickelback

Edit: id rephrase that last bit, but i wont cause im lazy, i think you lot get the idea, etc.
vanguardjazz
vanguardjazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Loke Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 am

See. I fully believe in revenge, and not turning the other cheek. But persecuting someone for anothers sins is just uncool.

It happens to me regularly at work, someone comes in and bitches about a mistake someone else made, so i have to be shouted at because of another persons idiocy.

An Eye for an eye is fine, as long as you're getting the toher buggers eye. When you're getting some poor bugger who didn't have anything to do with it then it's just silly.
In fact, it could even start a neverending circle.
You took my eye, so i took his eye, so he took her eye. Who's it gonna help?

Loke

Male Number of posts : 572

Back to top Go down

Post by CradleOfFish Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Loke wrote:See. I fully believe in revenge, and not turning the other cheek. But persecuting someone for anothers sins is just uncool.

It happens to me regularly at work, someone comes in and bitches about a mistake someone else made, so i have to be shouted at because of another persons idiocy.

An Eye for an eye is fine, as long as you're getting the toher buggers eye. When you're getting some poor bugger who didn't have anything to do with it then it's just silly.
In fact, it could even start a neverending circle.
You took my eye, so i took his eye, so he took her eye. Who's it gonna help?

That makes sense. But I disagree, not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, just I have a different opinion which is because they took innocent lives that had nothing to do with them, we should take their innocent lives as well. Sure it would possibly cause a never ending circle, but it will be worth it. Revenge is great. Screw the terrorists and their innocent people, they deserve to die unlike our innocent folks. It's fairly simple. They took innocent lives so we MUST take innocent lives in return.

But again as with all my comments and opinions and what not, I don't expect anyone to agree with me. But that is what I feel. Even though you think revenge on innocents is uncool (I don't I think it is ultra cool) I can't tell you that your opinion is wrong, because frankly that would be the stupidest thing I ever did. No ones opinion is ever wrong, they just are different from others. Nothing wrong with that at all. More power to ya Loke!! We may differ on this subject, but that's cool. At least it didn't get into a "My opinion is better than yours so fuck off" kind of thing. That's what I like about these groups, most of the time if not almost all of the time, we can disagree but never go so low as to insult each other because of differences. Of course now I probably made more folks hate me cause of this opinion, but as long as they stay civil to me (like Loke did) I will stay civil as well. Ending unnecessary rant (I think I post way too many unnecessary rants, oh well). Have a nice day.
CradleOfFish
CradleOfFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Tallant Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 pm

CradleOfFish wrote:Screw the terrorists and their innocent people, they deserve to die unlike our innocent folks. It's fairly simple. They took innocent lives so we MUST take innocent lives in return.

See, I could never personally hold that view. I don't see any justification in taking innocent lives for innocent lives, why not guilty lives for our innocent lives? The innocent lives there don't mean anything to them, unlike our innocents, so what does killing innocents in their generaly vicinity do to "get back" at them? All my opinion, of course.

Let's just have a disclaimer, no one has to state that it's their opinion, because it clearly is. Let us all disagree with each other as much as we want, and let nobody feel attacked. Smile
Tallant
Tallant

Male Number of posts : 354

http://www.myspace.com/tallant

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlost Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 pm

CradleOfFish wrote:Screw the terrorists and their innocent people, they deserve to die unlike our innocent folks. It's fairly simple. They took innocent lives so we MUST take innocent lives in return.

Neutral That's basically all I can say now.
Everlost
Everlost

Male Number of posts : 497

http://www.myspace.com/fathernorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Headbanger Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am

Euh... NO!!!!
I'm against the turn the other cheek stuff, but this is a tad extreme. With this innocent people keep getting killed and if you truly want to stop them you have to kill the people that organize the attack(s).
Headbanger
Headbanger

Male Number of posts : 888

Back to top Go down

Post by vanguardjazz Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:33 am

i could say "i enjoy the challenging of morals" displayed by cradleoffilth, but i could also say "i enjoy tallants comment and in turn headbangers comment"

i could look at the killing of innocents as a "great art form" (or perhaps a terribly boring one, or maybe just many art forms, or none at all perhaps), and also say "lets not turn the other cheek, lets kill everyone there and be done with this lot", or "there needs to be justice! kill this lot that killed the inncents"

morals morals morals! what are they? can killing innocents not be considered "moralistically right" in some circles, individuals, etc...can anyone possibly have no "morals"?

i talked to a a self described "satanist" and he claimed "im a satanist, not a poser fag, but a real satanist, i have no morals", and yet he was being "kind" and we had a "nice" conversation about music...could his "kindness" not be looked at as a "moral" he held?

i mentioned this to him and he stated something like "well if they are rude i will be back"...i dk some shit like that...and i didnt say that as if to down him, but as if to state a way in which it could be looked at...etc...

anyways...perhaps we should "look into what is moralistically correct, and vise versa", or maybe we shouldnt...one might say it seems all of us "atheists, agnostics, etc. etc." who claim to not believe or atleast have doubts of a "deity/higher power/etc." still hold on to the morals (not to say theyre "not sposed to" or anything) of certain religions etc...though i would state that one might want to look far back in time long before christianity to find certain morals that lie within christianity for example.

etc.
vanguardjazz
vanguardjazz

Back to top Go down

Post by vanguardjazz Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 am

so perhaps my statement about cradleoffish (i put as cradleoffilth in above bit, my mistake) challenging morals should be stated rather as "i enjoy the morals cradleoffish has displayed"

or maybe i shouldnt, you decide

(sorry for double posting)
vanguardjazz
vanguardjazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Loke Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 am

Hahahaha. The most polite discussion i ever heard.

Loke

Back to top Go down

Post by CradleOfFish Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:18 am

Loke wrote:Hahahaha. The most polite discussion i ever heard.

Personally I don't like when folks basically "attack" folks for their opinions. I don't like the "your opinion is wrong" approach to discussions. I have not yet felt "attacked" here for my opinions, and would hope that I don't get attacked. Like I said I don't mind disagreements at all, that is inevitable escpecially when it comes to opinions on politics or war and such. As a matter of fact I tend to enjoy a good conversation of differing opinions. Sometimes they can turn into personal "attacks", and I have been guilty of that on other forums (possibly this one, I have a horrible memory), but usually only after I was attacked first. Kinda like some one in school picking on me and I'm like "I don't want to fight man" and he's like "Well I do" and socks me, of course I will fight back, but never throw the first punch, and probably not win the fight as I was never a good fighter anyway. But that is just the way I was raised I guess.

Actually it's cool to see so many folks who have a different opinion on the "innocent lives for innocent lives" thing I said. No one has turned my opinion on that as a "your wrong, asshole" type post. I like that. I do realize some of my opinions can be considered "flame" bait but still. That is why I like this forum (and the old ones) cause everybody is cool here. Not to say some "words" may be posted against me in the future, but oh well. Hail all the members here! So far everyone is cool as fuck!
CradleOfFish
CradleOfFish

Back to top Go down

Post by Loke Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:59 am

Dude, i agree. I wouldn't attack anybody for any reason, unless for fun, or if the person is australian (duckie).

You've never been out of line with us, and you bring very many good an valid points, even if we don't agree =)

Loke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:09 am

hahaha...good job staying clean and nice in this discussion guys.

And even though no one has been attacked or ridiculed, this is still the most disagreeing that's gone on in MMFE for awhile now. Interesting

My 2 cents....I haven't decided yet, tbh. I'll be able to vote, but I'm not sure if I like any of the candidates. Ron Paul probably would've got my vote, but I think he dropped out. Same with Guiliani.

Obama seems okay, but I'm less than 50% in agreement with him, I think

Same with Hillary. Its not that I don't want a woman president, I just don't like Hillary.

Huckabee might be my choice, but I don't really fucking know or care.

To be honest, I don't know if I wanna live in America. Its a great country, and I love it, but I wanna travel the world. I wanna live in Europe, Asia, Australia....you name it. Home is home, but travel is awesome

hahaha

Okay...back to doing fucking lame ass Public Speaking fucking shit. FUCK.
Jester
Jester

Male Number of posts : 1136

http://www.myspace.com/tehhippo

Back to top Go down

Post by October's Advent Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah come to Australia!!! I think we're the only country in the world that eats the animal on its national emblem (the kangaroo) so i think we're more than fit to house the great Jester.
October's Advent
October's Advent

Male Number of posts : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Loke Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 pm

See how unruly they are.

Loke

Back to top Go down

Post by DB123456 Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 pm

I was all for attacking afghanistan, and trying to get those responsible for 911... The problem was when we turned and attacked IRAQ for no real justified reason...

I'm pretty sure it was because of the looming peak oil crisis that we are all feeling the crunch from now. Personally, i'm not seeing any of this cheap oil that we invaded for...Are you?

The whole thing is a mess... And we're easilly 25 years too late on all of it, so we're pretty much doomed.

DB123456

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-24

http://www.globalapathy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 pm

I don't see how us attacking Iraq was ever supposed to make gas prices cheaper.

In fact...I could've told you back then that it wouldn't help, considering the Middle East in general sides with the Iraqi's, and the Middle East just happens to control most of the world's oil. Soooo..logically...how would us attacking them lower gas prices?

Dumbbbbb idea.
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix40 Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 am

If I was 18 and a republican I'd be voting for Ron Paul every day of the week, but I'm neither so...

Go Obama?

Fenix40

Male Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by davedeath Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 am

Fenix40 wrote:If I was 18 and a republican I'd be voting for Ron Paul every day of the week, but I'm neither so...

Go Obama?
Ron Paul is so bad
davedeath
davedeath

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-06

http://deathbedphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:21 am

Politics is so bad. :-\

Pedro

Male Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

Agreed, good sir, agreed.
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum